Friday, April 25, 2014

This Thing Called Forgiveness... My letter to someone who hurt me. Almost 30 years ago I promised myself to always hate you. The pain you caused me was unforgivable. The abuse and malice you intended for me was unexplainable. Even years later, when I heard your name my skin crawled and my stomach churned. The hate had inbedded in my body, in my spirit, and in my soal. I never told anyone what you did to me but I played it over and over again in my mind. Torturing myself. As an adult I was damaged goods. Broken pieces. The hate was like chains on my body. Anyone who hurt me was quickly put on my hate list. And as my list grew...the chains were added. My body was so exhausted and literally in constant pain. You are dead and gone but in my life you were hurting me everyday. The enemy used you in such a way to distract me from my purpose. Wait....at what point do I assume responsibility? How do I heal from all the hurt? It will take time to heal but today I cut my chains. No longer will you have power over my life! No longer will I allow hate to hinder me. With every chain of hate releasing I feel power, I feel faith building, I feel free. Now I stand with all the chains on the floor...now what? I don't want to store them or save them. I just want to step over them and walk out. Never to look back and mourn but only to celebrate...because I made it! I'm a survivor! I'm not a victim...I'm a victor!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment